Wednesday, February 18, 2009

FIRST TRIP TO KAZAKHSTAN

It was great to see my missionaries that are now in Kazakhstan.  I've missed them.  Elders:  Despain, Harker, McKay, and Brandenberg, Sisters Jensen, and Zonova



After Dad finished their interviews, we decided to treat them to the Uzbeki restaurant.



The meat dish is horse and has some big flat noodles cooked with the meat in some broth.  This is the national dish of Kazakstan.  Sister Jensen had a hard time trying it, but she was a good sport and finally took a small bite.  The other dish is logman noodles.  It is a little bit like speghetti, but I like Dad's speghetti a lot better.  With the Elders as part of the group--you never have to wonder if there will be leftovers.  They made us proud.



                  We had a great time with our precious little lambies.  Aren't they so cute?  




The unbelievable time we had to get up Tuesday morning (this is Moscow time) to make our flight back to Moscow.  Makes me tired thinking about doing this again in a few weeks.  There is a 3 hr. time difference. I think we have a lot of jet lag ahead going both ways.  It will be worth it to see our missionaries again.  Have I ever mentioned that I heart missionaries?    

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that food looks disgusting and i would not be trying it. what is the outfit things you all have on. is that the new russian attire.

Lana and Terry said...

All of your pictures are so cool and interesting. I seriously love checking your updates and seeing all of the wonderful missionaries that you work with. Some beautiful pics, but sorry, I don't think I could handle the horse meat - Ugh! What troopers you and Pres. are!