Thursday, February 5, 2009

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER

My heart is full today.  What a blessing you kids are to me and your Dad.  It is hard to express the love and appreciation that I feel for each of you.  Thank you for making the sacrifices you made to leave your spouses and kids, to make the drive to Safford (twice for you Jonathan), to show your love and support to JoAnn and her kids during this most difficult time of Sandy's death, and to plan and  do the funeral.  I know it was hard for JoAnn and her family to not have Dad there.  His whole family has always relied on him for anything spiritual.  But having all of you there to share your faith, strength and spirit certainly made things easier for all of them.  I am so proud of each of you for having a testimony of and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that enables you to strengthen others around you.  There is no greater joy than to know that our children are steadfast in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  You were in our thoughts and prayers all day long yesterday.  Dad and I even got on our knees at about 10 min to 9:00 pm here in Moscow.  We calculated the time so that it would be about the time that Amy was giving the family prayer before the casket was closed.  We asked the Lord's blessing on each of you and that you would be given help in praying, singing, giving the life story, sermon, and the dedication of the grave.  I'm sure you did a great job.   I'm glad that each of you are back home with your families safe and sound.  You married wonderful people who are great supports to you in times like this.  I love you---(even if you did stop at El Rey both ways)--with all my heart.  I am so grateful that I am your Mom.  I'm the lucky ducky---no doubt about that.  I miss you like crazy.   
Hugs & Kisses
MOM 

5 comments:

Ned and Erin + kids said...

that is just a sweet thing for you to say. you know it was no big deal and we would not of missed it. Even if your prayer did not help me with my singing. I still sounded awful.

Ashly said...

thanks for the sweet post mama! i love you guys and am so thankful to have such great parents. you know the reason we are all so close and are such good kids is because we have such loving parents and great examples to look up to! it sure was fun to see nammie and stay with her. she loved it too!

jenlinmin said...

Okay, that is the most gorgeous sibling pic ever!

Amy said...

Love you guys thanks for the kind words. Miss you like crazy and we are counting down the days until we can see you again.

Lana and Terry said...

Love this picture of your kids! Sorry to hear about Sandy's death. It sounds like your kids did everything. Kudos to your wonderful kids, but like your girls say, They do have wonderful parents!!