Thursday, June 5, 2008






Ashly has been after me to get some pictures of our trip to Paris up.  I told her that I would do that today after all of our zone conferences were done.  Paris was so much fun.  It rained every day, but we didn't let that slow us down.  We spent a day at my favorite flea market where I got a cool dark yellow ceramic pitcher--it is huge--and old metal letters from a butcher shop (boucherie). I also found a French Bulldog that was adorable at the market, but she wasn't for sale.  I'll have to wait until I get home.  Do you think Ruby will mind?  We lugged that pitcher in a cloth bag all the way back to Moscow.  It made it.  We ate wonderful food and tried a new restaurant which was recommended by Ashly--Au Pied de Cochon ( the feet of the pig) which was great.  It was Mother's day so I left with a sweet flower bouquet and a couple of famous french macaroons. We took the metro to the Bastille stop and ate at Bofinger one of our favorites.  We walked by the Louvre a couple of times in the rain.  We walked by the Louis store several times a day because we passed it going to and from our hotel.  I always thought about Andrew each time.  I love the French buildings.  Dad took a picture of a beautiful building that reminded us of the Flat Iron in NYC. We went to our meetings on Sunday and enjoyed the English Sunday School class and Sacrament meeting.  I cried when I sang the hymns in English.  That night we took a train to Versailles and heard Sister and Elder Uchtdorf speak.  I must be a true missionary because I have to say that was the highlight of the whole trip.  We felt so blessed to get to hear an Apostle of the Lord speak.  Truly a tender mercy from the Lord. 

5 comments:

Ashly said...

YAY! finally some pics of good ole Paris. really, it is one of the prettiest cities in the world. thanks for all the pictures so i could live through you! andrew and i are both looking at them, jealous that we didnt get to go with too! :)

Lana and Terry said...

Hey Woman! I have been waiting for your latest pics to see on your blog. I love seeing all of the neat pics you post. Paris looks wonderful and I'm so glad you got to go and enjoy. I'm not a missionary, but I would love to hear the Uchtdorf's speak in person. I think he is a wonderful speaker ( and he looks pretty good too:)

Ned and Erin + kids said...

Cute pictures. Next time you go you need to take me with you. i have never been you know.

Brooke said...

Love all the pictures. It truly captures Paris. And what a great surprize to hear an apostle.

The Collins said...

it looks like you had such a fun time in paris! I am just remembering when we went with you to paris and how much fun it was. Lucky you. love you tons and miss you!