Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHRISTMAS FHE--RUSSIAN STYLE

We went to the small Yugo-Zapanaya Branch's FHE last night.  They meet downstairs in our mission office and I like to call it my home branch because it is so convenient to walk downstairs for church.  I don't get to go there very often, but I have a special place in my heart for these people.  They ooze with love.  I feel needed there too because no one can play the piano so they always make over me when I play for them.  Which I did for their program last night.  This is Sister Lena decorating before people showed up.  She made these really cute stars out of newspaper.  You can see one on the clock.



Elder Aitken, Elder Craven and Elder Salinas were angels in the cute little play Sister Natasha wrote and directed.  



The audience.  Elder Mills (in the red) was a small boy in the play.  After the program we went upstairs for refreshments.  Elder Gunther gave me a chocolate chip pumpkin cookie mix from Lehi Utah Mills that his Mom sent him.  They were tasty cookies.  Problem was the mix made about 500 cookies.  I was really over those cookies when I put the last spoonful on the pan to bake.  The Russians raved over them.  They don't really have good Russian cookies.



This is Stella.  I can't remember what her Chinese name is.  She is from Taipei, Taiwan.  She lives close to us and goes to the Yugo-Zap branch. We finally got to meet her last night at FHE.  I had talked to her on the phone, but hadn't met her yet.  She knows Elder Britton Larson.  He helped teach her.  She has been a member for one year and is the only member in her family.  She is going to school here in Moscow and has been here since Sept.  She is so sweet.  I can't imagine how much courage it takes for someone like her to leave her family and come to Moscow all alone for school.  Why do the Asians have such pretty shiny hair?  

1 comment:

Ned and Erin + kids said...

she is a cute girl. looks like you had a fun christmas party. what was the play about? wish you could be here for our eve get together. love you