Monday, December 8, 2008

SENIORS & STARLIGHT


Today we had a Sr. Couple's Conference with the Moscow Mission.  We were a little out-
numbered.  We had one couple and the rest were assigned to their mission.  Our only other Sr. couple was out of town so they weren't able to come.  We had a great time together and loved hearing from our Area President, Elder Pieper.  Sister Cranney (the Moscow Mission President's wife) and I (of course my man came through for me like he always does.) did the food for lunch.  We had taco salad and apple crisp a la mode.  Yummy!  We are looking forward to getting two Sr. couples in Feb.  They are the unsung heroes of the missions---good, good people.

left side:  Elders Terrill, Mills, Despain.  rt. side:  Elder Harker and Dad (still as cute as ever)
E. Harker and E. Mills have been in the office for the past 6 months--time for them to move on.  We usually have the office elders up for dinner to show our appreciation for all they do beyond keeping their area going with tracting and contacting, etc.  Elder Harker requested hamburgers and shakes so we took advantage of one of our favorite spots--the Starlight diner and took them and our AP's there for a late lunch (before fasting) on Saturday.  They loved it.


It's only 4:00 p.m. and already dark outside.  Gotta love the dark Russian winters--did I mention freezing cold too?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Those Elder is the picture outside the diner with Phil are so cute!! I love their fresh faces. Fun for you guys to get together with the leaders from the other mission. Love you lady!

Unknown said...

did we ever walk by that place because it kind of looks like I have seen it before. Looks like a good place. I would be going there more often if I were you.

Lana and Terry said...

Still love seeing the pictures of the cute elders and their Mission pres. and wife. You always look so cute and stylish. Where do you get your cute clothes in Russia? I don't know if I could handle the cold. It gets down into the 50's here and I think I am freezing!! LYG