Friday, November 28, 2008

TODAY

Today is a good day BECAUSE I just got back from a meeting.  Elder Terrill and Elder Despain (our AP's) needed my help to teach an investigator--Magitra from Malaysia.  Since my Russian is awful, I don't get the opportunity to help teach very often.  Magitra's english is great.  We taught from Helaman 5.  It was a great meeting.  The Spirit was strong.  I know that God loves all of His children and I know he wants them to experience the joy that the Gospel can bring into their lives.  I feel humbled to think that I am playing a small part in that plan of His.   

The day after Thanksgiving is always a good day---BECAUSE it is the day I get to bust out my Christmas music.  So while you girls have been busy shopping the Black Friday specials I've been listening to Josh Groban.  His arrangement of  "I'll Be Home For Christmas" had me in tears.  I always get emotional when I think about our soldiers being away from their families--(do any of you remember me crying at the Fiesta Bowl when they have the flag covering the whole football field and show our soldiers on the huge screen, and whenever "I'm Proud To Be An American" is within hearing range for me?)-- then to hear them expressing their love to their families---a tear jerker for sure.  I wonder why I can easily relate????  Maybe its because your Dad and I are here fighting for the souls of these good people that we serve and being away from you is always hard, but ESPECIALLY hard at Christmas.  SOB, SOB.

2 comments:

Ned and Erin + kids said...

you know its hard for us too. when amy and i were out shopping from 11:00 - 4:00, we were talking about the beach with the worthens and how you will be their this time. it will be so much fun. just think of those times instead. love you

Amy said...

One more Christmas YIPI You have always made Christmas so much fun. Don't worry I have been listening to Christmas music since Halloween. They started playing it on the radio the first of November.