Tuesday, January 20, 2009

TODAY

Dad is in Belrus with President Pieper today.  It seems so weird for me to be here in the apt. without him being downstairs in his office.  I miss him.  But he'll be back later tonight.  Our AP's asked for my help today in teaching Deneshe.  He is from India and speaks really good English. It's a pity that I don't speak Russian.  It's fun to talk to him about my experience in India. That was an amazing trip.  We taught him from #3 of PMG which is the chapter on all of the commandments.  We went over the commandments of fasting and tithing.  I got to share some scriptures about obedience and fasting and share the sweet experience of Hailey fasting for us while we were here.  I truly believe it was because of her fasting and faith that the laws that were going to make it so that our missionaries couldn't proselyte here were never passed.  I have a very strong testimony of the power of fasting and praying.  So many personal experiences that my confidence surely has waxed strong.  I hope you all have a great day.  I miss you.  ILYT oxoxox

2 comments:

Ned and Erin + kids said...

That is funny we were just talking about India the other day. And Hailey is such a sweet girl to do that for you guys. hope dad makes it home safe

Bonnie said...

How fun you were able to help teach Deneshe. I'll bet he loved that you had been to India - and you're right, it was an amazing trip. And sweet little Hailey, fasting and praying for her Mema and Papa's missionaries. If we could only always have the faith of children! Loved this post and love you!!