Friday, April 11, 2008

FUN WITH MISSIONARIES






We are back from Voronezh where we not only had a spiritually uplifting zone conference, but a great "FUN" day with our missionaries.  We started off the day with Dad's pancakes.  He has already emailed the recipe to the missionaries that requested it.  I heard one of the Elders say, "this is the best breakfast I have had since I arrived in Russia."  Then we played some games in the church.  One was 9 holes of golf using the paper airplanes they made.  They had to throw their airplanes as they went from room to room and then had to hit a target with their airplanes.  Then they counted up how many throws they had when they finished.  I thought they were pretty imaginative to come with that game.  Then we played a chair game using the days of the week and the months of the years.  Then we walked to a park where most of them played ultimate frisbee while a few of them ran the track--a track that was the sorriest I've ever seen.  Take a look at it.  Dad enjoyed a lap with his Elders.  After lunch we and our AP's headed back to Moscow.  I really believe that saying, "a mission that plays together--is exalted together".  What prophet said that????

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Must be p-day. I bet you loved being out without a skirt. Looks like a lot of fun. Those are lucky missionaries.

Bonnie said...

Tell Phil to email ME his pancake recipe. How come I never had his good pancakes? It is fun to see him with a spatula in his hand - doing one of the things he does best!! And I love the "jog" pose - lookin' good Phil - oops I mean President Collins. Love you guys. Fun that Dustin and Nat are coming! So happy for you. Love you friend!

jenlinmin said...

Those have got to be some of the luckiest missionaries in the world to have the Collins' for their "parents" away from home. I bet they write to all of their family and friends with a TON of praise and gratitude for you both!

Amy said...

How fun I can not believe Dad is letting the elders beat him on their run that is not like my dad. He use to speed right up if I ever tried to beat him.