Thursday, October 9, 2008

BEE-LICIOUS

It's a tradition for Dad and I to go to the honey festival held every October and March.  The Skousens went with us last year.  It was more fun with them.


There are hundreds of these booths from all over Russia selling honey.


You can get tastes of all of the honey before you decide which flavor you want to buy.  Fact:  eating  too much honey is possible.


We always make sure we buy some of these "Russian Snickers" as the little man that sold them to us called them.


Russian Snickers--honey nougat with either peanuts or cashews.  We like the cashew ones better.  YUM!  They taste like divinity.  Do you know what that is?


This is bee pollen.  Dad bought me a bunch of it because it is healthy in every way for you.  If you don't believe me just go to the websites that sell it--they will confirm that fact.  I now take a teaspoon of bee pollen every day.  You won't believe how much better I look. 

3 comments:

Matt Flake said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Dad has always loved the different kinds of honey. I have heard bee pollen is good for you. You and Dad look so cute in your hats.

Lana and Terry said...

What Beeutiful pictures of the Honey festival. You and your "honey" look fabulous in your cute hats. It looks like it was alot of fun. I could use some of that bee pollen, so I can look as good as you!!

Barbara Wiser said...

The Russian Snickers look really good...are they? I love that you take so many pictures of random cool things...it is fun to see what Russia is like. Sorry about the flu shot you got...it looked painful...I don't like them either! Have a great day! Barbara