Tuesday, May 19, 2009

ANOTHER ZC AND GOOD-BYE

Our zone conference in Almaty, Kazakhstan.  Elders:  Harker, Brandenburg, Despain, McKay, and Welling.  Sisters:  Jenson, Smith and Welling.  The Wellings are the only members in Astana, Kazkhstan.  They go home soon.  Wonderful-outstanding missionaries--all of them.



When our plane was landing in Almaty, I could tell that Spring had come--way ahead of Moscow. It was so green.  I loved all of the tulips that were in bloom throughout the city.




I love the lilacs too.  Every time we walked by a tree in bloom I had to go over and get a whif of that wonderful fragance.  I picked a couple blossoms and sniffed on them the whole way back to our hotel.  All of the lilacs reminded me of Massena and Budapest.



Do you know how long it has been since I've seen a mountain?  These mountains are beautiful even though the polluted air in Almaty make it impossible to see them a lot of the time.



Last night was our dinner and testimony meeting with our AP's Elders Cannon and Russell and our departing Elder Kurth (Peoria, Illinois).  When Dad asked Elder Kurth what he wanted to eat he requested Mexican food.  So we had a Farewell Fiesta with enchiladas, nachos, and homemade refried beans.  YUM!  Now, our Elder Kurth is flying home.  I miss that sweet missionary already.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am waiting for dads mexican food too. That couple missionaries look like they were good. So sad to see every one leaving. Soon you get some new ones though. The tulips remind me of Utah. I miss that weather that for sure. I kind of hate the weather here. I think i always will.

Bonnie said...

Oh those tulips are so beautiful! I think of you every time I see tulips. And the lilacs are one of my favorites. When I was growing up in Mexico, we had a lilac bush right outside my bedroom window! Wish we had them here. You look beautiful, as always! Wow--your time is getting short and I'm sure it is very bitter-sweet. When will you actually be in Arizona? I love you so much, my dear friend!!