Thursday, March 20, 2008

LOVE/HATE



I hate getting on the treadmill (every day I have to talk myself into it)
I hate running inside.
I hate not having the desert smells and especially the orange blossoms this time of the year.
I hate not having the sunshine
I hate not seeing the never ending blue AZ skies

I love how I feel after I am done (stinkiness and sweatiness included)
I love my sweat rag that covers up the obnoxious lap lights and seconds ticking off
I love the blessing of having a body that is able to run even if I am an old lady
I love the feeling of conquering "the natural, lazy man (or woman)" in all of us
I love these adorable 18 faces smiling at me as I put one foot in front of another
I love the hope that I have of--if I keep this up then that means I will get to enjoy being a part of each of these amazing kiddies of mine lives for a few years longer.  That makes it so worth it.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Bennett pointed out that you put is picture front and center, so you can see your favorite right in front of you while you walk. I'm sure it's hard to have a favorite, but he's worth it.

Lana and Terry said...

You won't get this until you get back, but I hope you have a great trip and a very Happy Easter. You do have wonderful kids and I hope they have such a great time being together in AZ. You are awesome to keep up the treadmill thing. I want to be like you when I grow up! Seriously, you look great!!

Amy said...

I feel sorry for you I also hate the treadmill. I am loving the running here. Yes, I love the smell of the orange blossoms and the cool crisp air in the mornings. This is my favorite time of yeat to run. Thanks to my mom and dad for sharing their love of running with me.