Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Patriarch


Brother Browning left this morning.  What a great spirit he brought into our lives.  He is so soft  spoken, meek, and gentle.  Reminds me of Brother Turley in Mesa whom most of you received your blessings from and also Brother Davidson in Montreal.  The Patriarch that Ashly received her blessing from.  For Home Evening Monday night he sat and shared his thoughts, feelings and experiences pertaining to fulfilling his calling as a Patriarch.  67 more saints in our mission now have blessings to strengthen them, guide them and provide them with hope.  We are so grateful for Brother Browning and his example of service. He was a great secretary too.  He had left a note for us Sunday night when we returned from Minsk telling us that Amy, Erin and John had called. It was great to meet him and to get to know him.  I hope we have the opportunity to be with him again.  

2 comments:

Ashly said...

he looks so sweet!

Lana and Terry said...

Brother Browning does remind me of Brother Turley. In fact, I saw Sister Turley at the temple yesterday and told her that we were so sorry about his passing. She said he was so sick, it was a blessing. But what a sweet couple they were. He gave one of my kids their blessing - I think Ryan. Hmmmm, how's the old memory doing? I think I remember my name!