Wednesday, September 24, 2008

SISTER DRANSFIELD

Sister Dransfield was our only missionary to go home this transfer.  She came in from Tver on Wednesday night and stayed with us.  She didn't have a companion to hang out with on Thursday so I volunteered.  We had a fun day going all over Moscow to get her souvenirs to take home.  We had lunch at Starbucks and both enjoyed a grand hot chocolate--YUM.   We were walking down the stairs to get on the metro to come back to our apartment and lo and behold if there wasn't a dead man just lying there on the steps.  His head was covered, but his body wasn't.  Nothing surprises me in Russia any more.

Thursday night we had the AP's up for Sister Dransfield's farewell dinner.  Dad made a delicious shrimp and steak dinner with yummy brownies (ask Brooke about those) with ice cream for dessert.  After dinner we had a sweet tender testimony meeting.  Evidence that the Spirit can dwell in small groups.  

She spent the night with us again and I heard her get up  several times.  I was worried that she was sick, but no--just nervous and couldn't sleep.  She left Friday morning for SLC.  They have a home in Midway and one in Rancho Bernardo, CA.  She was an amazing missionary.  We miss her.

5 comments:

Matt Flake said...

What a cute sister. Porter is jealous he didn't get any shrimp. Where did you get this meat and shrimp that was safe to eat? Those brownies were delicious. I need the recipe. And I can't believe there was a dead man on the metro. Creepy.

Bonnie said...

I'll bet it's the saddest to see your awesome missionaries go home. Lucky her to get to have you and Phil for her mission parents!! Love you and miss you, friend!

Rachel Cunningham said...

I'm always on a quest for good brownie recipes...is it a secret? I can't get over the dead man you saw! That is like something out of a crazy fiction novel.

Izzy(: said...

hey mema & papa !!!
my blog is izzytherockstar99.blogspot.com

Kristi Kleisler said...

Oh I hope I am that type of missionary where my mission president and his wife are sad to see me go!! Hey speaking of going there are some pics on my blog of my goodbye to the Skousen Girls. Check 'em out if you want. :)