Thursday, February 7, 2008

Following Promptings

One of the many blessings that I have been given while serving here in Moscow is on most days I have all the time I want to search the scriptures--including our modern day scriptures--such as conference talks. My love for the scriptures has increased so much--along with my testimony of my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I feel like Nephi when he said, "For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children".  I read Elder Ballard's talk from October 2007 and I feel strongly that I should share a couple of things with you.  He said this:

"...it was the Savior who said "by their fruits ye shall know them".  A church, or any way of life, should be judged by the fruits or the results that it generates.  Here are a few examples based on United States statistics.  But these would be similar throughout the world among practicing Mormons (by which we mean those who attend church and the temple regularly)".

Given this definition by Elder Ballard of what a practicing Mormon is---Are You A Practicing Mormon?  I know you attend church, but how about your temple attendance?  Is it regular?  Could you do better at making the time for the temple in your lives?  

Elder Ballard  goes on to mention some of the fruits of being a practicing member of the church.  "Second, those who are married in AND attend the temple regularly have a divorce rate far below the national and world average".

I can testify to you that the Lord will bless you individually, as couples, and as a family if you make going to the temple a top priority in your lives.  It has been many years since we have lived closed to a temple other than those few months we were in AZ.  I know what it is like to yearn for the opportunity to go to the temple regularly. I continue to miss it.  You are all living close to a temple.  I not only hope, but I (for years) have acted----I pray for you all to realize the importance of regular temple attendance and to commit to a plan that gets you there.

I love you.  I want us to be with each other forever living in eternal bliss.  NOM!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the Temple in fact I am going in the morning. I have a huge testimony of attending the Temple.