Wednesday, February 27, 2008

OUT OF TOWN


This week we have been doing zone conferences here in Moscow with Elder and Sister Paul.  We are doing our mission tour with them.  They are wonderful people and we have all been uplifted and edified through their teachings.  Dad and I leave in a few minutes for the airport.  We are headed down to our South Zone.  Dad has a ton of interviews to do because the Patriarch is coming to  Russia and will go to Voronezh and Lipetsk to give blessings.  You have no idea how much these good people look forward to this lifetime opportunity to receive their blessings.  Elder and Sister Paul will join us for our Zone Conference on Saturday then we will all travel to Lipetsk on Sunday to go to their meetings.  We will fly back to Moscow Sunday night.  Do you know that I will miss you even more because I will be away from my telephone and computer?  It's true.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  ILYT  oxoxoxo  

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I know I said it before, but that means you're going on "that" plane again, huh? Yikes! My prayers will be with you even more. Thanks for the e-mail. Love to hear from you and so glad those nice people get to get their P. blessings. Love you friend!

Olas A. Lunt II said...

Dear President and Sister Collins,

My name is Olas Lunt and my wife and I served as CES missionaries in Samara, Russia from 2005 - 2007. I am sitting at Grover's (in Mesa) at Randy's computer. He showed me your blog from your trip to Minsk (he knew we had returned from Russia as missionaries). I asked him if I could write you so.....We served with President and Sister Davydik in Samara but were forced to return 3 months early to our home in Gilbert because I ahd been diagnosed with "probable TB" by a series of Russian doctors. Fortunately, I contracted a tubercular microbe that was atypical TB and so after a few months of antibiotics (and several CAT scans, blood tests and a lung biopsy) was "cured". Please give The Davydiks a huge hug from us. We also enjoyed working with the Pauls and the Gibbons. In fact, I have a really cute picture of a baby of the Branch President in Togliatti "tweaking" Sister
Gibbon's nose that I'd love to send you.
Would you mind sending us your email address? Ours is:
olas1944@yahoo.com

Olas and Sharon Lunt