Friday, February 8, 2008

THE UNLUCKY DUCKY





The other day Dad called and said that he had a break between interviews and invited me to go on a walk.  I never turn down an invitation like that.  The sun was even shining so it was a  special day for a walk.  We went over to the Novadievechie Monastary.  Doesn't it look different in the winter time with the frozen lake?  There is a rustic ice rink in the middle of the lake.  It brought back memories of Jonathan squeezing into Ashly's ice skates and skating on our frozen swimming pool in Massena.  What a nut!  The only other person around was this woman walking her dogs.  They were so cute and made me miss my Ruby Dog.  We mentioned how weird it was to be there without seeing or hearing the ducks.  The pigeons were still there of course and they loved eating some seed that some kind person threw out on the frozen lake.  Then when we were leaving I spotted him--the Unlucky Ducky.  He had gotten left behind.  He was all alone.  It stinks to be an Unlucky Ducky.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a pretty site. It looks freezing . Burrrr

Lana and Terry said...

I hope this comment goes through. My computer crashed last week and we just got it fixed, but we lost everything. Now I am in the process of trying to reset everything up. I love your blog and all the pics. Could you send me your e-mail address again to my address that I had before. Hopefully it will work!

Amy said...

Too cold for me. I do not want to brag but it has been beautiful here in good ole AZ.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting cold just looking at these pictures! Yep, it's confirmed - I don't miss the snow!