Wednesday, August 6, 2008

THEY'RE HERE



It seems like it has taken forever for Brooke to get herself and her sweet family to Moscow for a visit.  They are finally here (except for Matt who comes next Tues.) and we are loving it.  Elder Harker came upstairs and helped Dad put the crib together for Jane and then we took off for the airport.  After fighting Moscow traffic for over two hours-- seeing those sweet little Flake faces come through the airport doors was a taste of heaven.  Brooke, Porter and Lily were all pushing a load.  They got everything out without having to hire a helper.  It is so much fun to have them here--this week is tranfer week so they will get to meet the new missionaries (dinner tonight) the departing missionaries, (dinner tomorrow night) all of our zone leaders (zlc and lunch on Friday) and dinner with Sister Wood and her parents (they came from Alaska to pick her up), and our very first AP and his wife too.  All this week.  Lots of meals--lots of missionaries--lots of good times.  Life is good!  I love it when my family is with me.  WOOHOO!  Miss all of you!  ILYT oxoxo

5 comments:

Ned and Erin + kids said...

yeah. how fun to have some family there. even if it is the end of it. soak it all up while you can. tell brooke hi from the opfel family

Ashly said...

well it did take her TWO years to get her booty over there. I am so jealous she gets to be there with you guys. I want to come play too! Andrew and I were talking about how jealous we were and how we wish we were there too.

Amy said...

I am back on the net, YEAH. It makes me jealous that Brooke gets to be there with you guys. Mom your hair is so cute you and dad are so dang cute. I miss you like crazy . Less than a year.

Rachel Cunningham said...

I couldn't believe it when I got a phone call from Brooke...from Russia!! How fun for you Trish, to have those cute kids there. My mom LOVED talking to you. She's home now and hopefully on the road to recovery!!!

Anonymous said...

So fun! That's so neat that your kids and grandkids get to see you guys in action- serving the Lord. I'm sure you are having a great time! Props to Brooke for taking 3 kids by herself on an airplane for hours on end. Hope you have a fun time together! Tricia, thanks for thinking of my mom and calling her. She loved it and appreciates your friendship.