Monday, August 25, 2008

MY BEST BIG BOY IS 36!






A face only a mother can love?  I don't think so.  I know Dustin is loved by everyone that knows him.  It does make me hurt to see his adorable face all beat up like this though.  Who would have guessed that I would be the mother of an Ultimate fighter?  Not me.


Dad and I leave early Tuesday morning for St. Petersburg for our MPS. I won't be here on Wednesday the 27th to do a birthday blog for Dustin so I'm doing it tonight. We were so excited  when we found out that we were going to have our first baby. We didn't care that we had only been married one month when I got pregnant and we anxiously looked forward to the day our baby would arrive.  Back then we didn't know if we were going to have a boy or a girl. What a special day August 27, 1972 was for us when our best big boy arrived.  Even though it has been 36 years ago I still remember every detail about that day.  Dustin wasn't an easy guy to give birth to--the doctor finally had to pretty much yank him out with forceps.  His poor nose and face were all swollen like he had been in a fight.  (I guess I should have known right off the bat that he was going to end up being a fighter) and the top of his head had a big scratch where the forceps scraped it.  But of course he was a beautiful sight to me and Dad and he has been a joy and a huge blessing in our lives ever since.  Dustin we are so proud of the good man that you are.  You have many noble characteristics and traits.  You are a hard worker, kind and caring, disciplined, loving, forgiving, and a sweetheart son, husband, brother, uncle and father.  We're so glad you are our firstborn and that you belong to us forever.  Happy birthday.  We miss you so much and we love you tons.
Special birthday hugs and kisses coming your way
Mom & Dad

p.s.  We'll be back from our MPS on Thursday night.  We'll have our cell phones if you need us.  We love and miss you all.  oxoxoxo

5 comments:

Lana and Terry said...

It is still hard to believe that the handsome, courteous Dustin is a fighter. That last picture is hard to look at - hopefully he doesn't get many of those face wounds! Happy Birthday Dustin! Tricia, I LOVED all your pictures from Madrid and your passport trip. I just so enjoy hearing all about you trips and travels, plus your wonderful experiences as mission presidents. Thanks for poating them!!

Amy said...

I to love that boy. He is a great brother. I do not love that picture of him, GROSS!!!

Ned and Erin + kids said...

I hope Dustin has a good birthday. I love him too. I sure am not a fan of the beat up look. I am sure he will say that he didn't get beat up, that he won that fight. I just don't like seeing it. Its better to just hear it on the phone.

Bonnie said...

I'm with the rest of you - that picture is awful and scary!! How does Natalie stand it. It makes me want to cry. But Happy Birthday anyway, Dustin. You are great, and I love how you are always happy! Trish, good pictures of Spain. Love all the details. It looks so clean. Be sure to post lots of St. Petersburg. Can't wait to hear from you. Love you!

Izzy(: said...

oh my gosh yuck that is so gross !!