Monday, May 19, 2008

MY WEEKEND


We had our Moscow District Conference this weekend.  Dad had leadership meetings all afternoon on Saturday and then we had the adult meeting on Sat. night.  Dad gave an amazing talk.  He always does.

Sunday morning I was sitting on the stand going over my notes for my talk before the meeting started and Dad was running around making sure everything was good to go.  He was talking to one of the counselors in the District Pres. and turned to me and asked me what Elder Christoffersen's first name was.  It is weird because there are a lot of missionaries that I don't know their first names because we never know them to begin with--they are all Elders or Sisters to us.  Elder Pringle was walking by and he had been Elder Christoffersen's companion so I suggested to Dad that he ask him.  He did and found out that his first name is Eric. Problem solved. 

It wasn't until they were reading over the pulpit the names of the Quorom of the Twelve for the audience to sustain and I heard with a Russian accent, Elder Eric Christoffersen, that I realized which Elder Christoffersen he was talking about.  He wanted to know Elder Christoffersen---our newest Apostle's--first name. Which by the way is D. Todd.  So our missionary got sustained in our District Conference as an Apostle.  Dad and I got a good laugh. Our  Elder Christoffersen  doesn't understand Russian--he is still clueless.

2 comments:

Ashly said...

ha! that is hilarious! good one president.

Ned and Erin + kids said...

Of course Dad is a goof. Something like that would only happen to dad. I cant believe those pictures of Dustin. He looks pretty buff and skinny. He dropped some weight to do this fight. Good job dustin.