Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PB&J+MISSIONARIES+ZONE CONFERENCE=SUCCESS




Serving in Moscow as opposed to serving in other Russian cities is certainly a blessing.  One of those blessings is a store called Metro.  This store carries peanut butter and boxes of M&M's.  It is a warehouse store like Costco.  We always provide a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jam, and lots of bread at our zone conferences.  After they eat their pizza, the missionaries love to slather tons of pb on bread and gobble it down as you can see from the pictures.  The first picture of missionaries, from left to right--Elder Sorensen (our AP from Orem--he goes home in Feb.), Elder Lamb (our other AP from Roosevelt, UT), Elder Madsen, and Elder Ellsworth,(both from UT too).  The 2nd picture, Elder Sinyakov (Russian--obviously Americans aren't the only ones that love pb&j), and Elder Pollard, (he is from Oregon and he and his comp have had an eventful last two weeks--they were arrested twice, a guy pulled a gun on them and forced them to leave the apartment building and followed them down the street with the gun pointed at them, and his comp got hit over the head with a chain from someone who didn't like them doing door to door contacting.  You have to be tough to make it here in the Westside.

5 comments:

Ashly said...

I miss seeing all the missionaries around your neighborhood and at church and dinners etc. It was so fun to be there and get to know them. They are good boys to be out there working hard even though things are tough. I love the pic of elder sorensen. His face is classic pb&j face. Tell elder pollard to stay out of trouble. Good job on posting. I LOVE the updates.

Bonnie said...

Wouldn't missionaries starve if it weren't for PB&J? I know I could survive on it - love that stuff. But only Peter Pan - it has the most fat, the most sugar...and tastes the best (of course)! Those missionaries are lucky to have such a nice missionary mommie like you. You look so cute and stylin'! Love you, friend!

Lana and Terry said...

I can't remember if I left a comment earlier, but I'm so-o-o-o-o excited that you have a blog now with pictures from Russia. I love looking at all your kids blogs and now I can look at my special friend's pics! I hope you are surviving with Ashly gone, but you are so good and optimistic, I'm sure you are keeping busy just so you won't think about it. I saw that you commented on Rach's blog about Annette. Thanks for your kind words. I miss you too, my dear friend!!!

G-MA & G-PA said...

Hey Tricia...I have a blog now too! This will be great to keep in touch all the way from Russia. You look great. We missed you guys at the Beach last summer, but had fun with your kids. Keep in touch.
Love, Pam
wwww.grovergma.blogspot.com

The Kennedy Family said...

Hi Phil and Tricia,
It's Lindsay Kennedy (Worthen). Amy told me you had a blog and I just found it! So fun to see your pics from Russia! Hils met someone in the MTC that was going to your mission. She was going to try to write ya and say hi! I love seeing both of your familiar faces! You guys are great! Missed you guys at the Softball Game! Can't wait to do it when EVERYONE will be there!
Take Care in Russia!!