Saturday, January 26, 2008

Scary


So I get this phone call and it's 5:30 a.m. CA time.  I answer the phone and all I hear is someone crying on the other end.  My heart stops and I begin to think scary thoughts.  Finally, Brooke starts talking.  She is on her way to the emergency room with our sweet Bubbles, Jane.  She had been up all night with her because Jane got all croupy and couldn't breathe.  Poor baby.  I talked to her until she got to the hospital.  As I hung up, I told her I would be praying for them.  I did just that--prayed.  Of course I told her to call asap to let me know what was happening.  Time has past by slowly--but I just off the phone and Brooke said that they gave Jane a steroid shot, and a breathing treatment and she was sleeping under a humidifier type thing.  She was so much better, but they might do another breathing treatment.  The nurse got after Brooke.  She told her that she should have called 911.  Faith and prayers--what would our life be without them?  We are so blessed.  Remember Janie Girl in your prayers.  I knew Brooke was doing a lot better because she brought up how Dad could always tell it was Brooke calling back when she was a freshman at BYU because all he could hear was crying on the other end.  That was a rough time for our Boogins. 

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Thanks for your prayers and support mom. I was scared. I'm glad you have different time zone so you were awake to talk to. i love you tons.

Bonnie said...

Brookie, if you read this, I'm so sorry about little Janie. That's so scary when they can't breathe. Glad she's OK now and I'm sure your mamma wouldn't care if you woke her up in the middle of the night. Trish, your Elders & Sisters are so cute. They look so fresh-faced and wholesome! I love that. So fun to see your "goings-on" in a blog. Good job, friend!

Kristi Kleisler said...

Poor Janie!! I hate to think of that adorable smiley girl all sick!! Hope she gets all better soon!

Shelly said...

Hi-its Shelly Lomu (malone). Im so glad to see you have a blog. I have seen pictures from Ashlys and Brookes blogs. Poor Brookie, im so happy to hear that Jane is better-croup can be so scary. I love your stories and experiences out in the mission field.I hope you dont mind, but ill be checking back!!!!